- This event has passed.
Happy New Year Day 2022
January 1, 2022Free
You are cordially invited to participate in the celebration of HAPPY NEW YEAR 2022 by Phra Promwachirayan President of the Board of Directors of Wat Nawamintararachutis (NMR Meditation Center) of Cambridge-Boston Patron and Advisor: The Council of Thai Bhikkhus in the U.S.A. Committee of Mahatherasakhom in Thailand Abbot of Wat Yannawa Bangkok The Sangha President of Ceremonies Phrarachabuddhivitesa The President of The Council of Thai Bhikkhus in the U.S.A. and Abbot of Wat Buddhavas of Houston TX in the U.S.A. The Sangha President of Ceremonies Mr. Rasmee Chittham Consul-General of Royal Thai Consulate-General New York
January 1st , is the worldwide New Year for humankind. When this day arrices, people from all around the world are in the celebrative spirite of joy, because it is a starting point again for new life and new hope. Actually, the official New Year’s Day of Thailand has undergone several changes. Once it used to fall end of November. Later, during the reign of King Rama V (1868-1910) it was moved to date round about April and then New Year’s Day was changed to April the first. The universal practice of celebrating the new year on January 1st was adopted in 1941 in deference to the Western calendar and this is one of a number of changes aimed at modernizing the country. Therefore, for the blessings in our life in this occasion, Wat Nawamintararachutis with its Board of Directors and committees have arranged this New Year Celebration on the Morning of January 1st, respectively.
Saturday, January 1st, 20122
06:00 AM Morning Chanting, Vipassana? Bhavana-Insight Meditation
07:00 AM Offering breakfast for monks
08:00 AM – New Year Day Ceremony start
09:30 AM – Homage to the Lord Buddha (Somdetphranawamintarasasda)
– Congregation prepares “donation trees” (Papah) for presentation as contributions to the fund for building a new temple.
10:30 AM – Homage to the Triple Gem President of ceremonies lights candles and joss sticks in honor of the Buddha Dharma and the Sangha and leads the congregation in requesting the Five Precepts from the Sangha.
– Head monk gives and congregation receives the Five Precepts.
– President asks the Sangha for blessings.
– The Sangha blesses the congregation.
10:45 AM – Alms offering ceremony (Tak Baht)
– Sermon on the Dharma By Phra Bhavanawachirawidesa V.
– Congregation collects offerings in appreciation of the sermon and presents the collection, the Papah, and alms to the monks.
– The head monk offers blessings to the congregation.
– The other monks join in extending the blessings.
– The congregation receives the blessings.
– Offering of Papah and alms to Venerable Monks.
– The congregation offers prayers and pours lustral water (to extend the blessings to others) and receives the blessing
– The congregation rejoices in the meritorious deeds
– Congregation assembles for group photography.
11:30 AM – Offering of lunch to the monks and lunch for laity (congregation
12:00 AM – Students of the Sunday School perform traditional Thai dances and Concert.
Note: To make donations contributing to this Account Number 0046 3523 6986 Pay to the order of Wat Nawamintararachutis and the Construction Project.